Author Topic: Best cart mod for chain vaping...  (Read 5265 times)

Offline digadoo

Best cart mod for chain vaping...
« on: June 17, 2010, 01:28:12 AM »
I seem to get that dredded burnt taste after a little bit even with the blue foam, what do most of you use if you are chain vaping to there is no wasted liquid at the bottom & not have to top off as much? ;D

Offline laid_in

Re: Best cart mod for chain vaping...
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 06:56:51 AM »
Hi digadoo. Have you tried a drip tip?

Benefits are: no waste as long as you don't overfill and you can quickly chop & change between different flavours.

The downsides are that you need to be really careful to keep the atty moist to avoid damaging it so you do need to keep dripping. Its not for use while driving etc. Hope this helps. Brian.

Offline booker

• 8bit vaper
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 10:41:28 AM »
digadoo, perchaps Reo Wood would do it for you - no wadding needed, you just pump the liquid straight to the atomizer

http://www.reosmods.com/ <- first video on the front page

it's a biggie, though MyVape who bought it seem to be happy about it :)

Offline digadoo

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 04:40:40 PM »
Neat idea but I don't want something that big that doesn't look like a cig.  I just hate when I'm driving for long periods of time & don't want to fuss with topping off etc.

E-Cig-Reviews.com - Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 04:40:40 PM »

Offline Moog

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 04:48:15 PM »
Sometimes when you chain vape your not allowing the liquid to drain through the blue foam on to the wick....It happens to me so I just top up every so often.....Theres not much you can do about it...sorry.... :)

Offline booker

• 8bit vaper
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 05:38:26 PM »
Neat idea but I don't want something that big that doesn't look like a cig.  I just hate when I'm driving for long periods of time & don't want to fuss with topping off etc.

Well, just yesterday I've trimmed the US bluefoam cube a bit (maybe 1 or 2mm) to fit the idea they show on strictlyejuice.com website but it was flooding the atty for me - should work for chain vaping I guess :))

If the cube will be too small it will go back inside the cart so perchaps some form of spring mod would do - ile "screwing" the cutted ballpen spring inside bluefoam cube to ensure it won't move.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 05:41:56 PM by booker »

Offline stevemontuno

• Platinum Member
  • The Physics Master
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 01:43:10 PM »
You could try out a cartomiser,, that would be less hassle and you could drive long distance without needing to top up ,,,although I personally get the best experience from direct dripping and I do tend to drip and drive,,but that's where the red lights come in handy ,,,

Offline SwanVesta

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 10:57:30 PM »
Dont know what your hardware is but you could try the new Tornado/Ego/Riva 2ml carto's?
Not tried them myself as yet so cant specifically recommend but they sound like a fine solution

My general advice (as a fellow heavy vaper) is to take longer drawers - 8 seconds-ish
and then leave a longer time between drawers

My general advice for vaping/driving a lot is to buy a GDPT PT and use with a BE112 atty
no burnt taste
great cart capacity
great vapour/TH

~Swan~

E-Cig-Reviews.com - Forum

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 10:57:30 PM »

Offline Wayne

• Platinum Member
  • Bombaclart
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 07:22:22 PM »
My chain vaping cart is the 801 from LF used on a BE112 atty. Sometimes i use blue foam but have noticed theres not a lot of difference using the filler that comes in the carts. They hold about 18 drops and a cart full goes a long way IMHO

Offline booker

• 8bit vaper
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 11:42:31 AM »
My chain vaping cart is the 801 from LF used on a BE112 atty. Sometimes i use blue foam but have noticed theres not a lot of difference using the filler that comes in the carts. They hold about 18 drops and a cart full goes a long way IMHO
For me standard 801 carts wadding don't work well and they don't get bone dry for sure.

But there are different fillers in 801 and different cart sizes too...seem you got one which works just nice.