Author Topic: im doing something wrong with my ego tank  (Read 2278 times)

Offline emtronea

• Platinum Member
  • August 18, 2011, wibble
    • facebook
im doing something wrong with my ego tank
« on: September 03, 2011, 01:28:29 PM »
so first time i put cartridge on my ego tank and it works perfectly and 2nd time etc till i ran out of eliquid, and now im on johnsons creek juice, but every time i fill it up and then try n vape it, i get loads of juice in me mouth, as it sucks into the mouth bit and spurts in me mouth to, last night i thought i dint put it on proply, but this afternoon i have put the cartidge in proply and its even worse even tho it got right eventualy last night, so i change my cart, and its over flowing in my mouth again and only filled it half way up  :( im using pg based juice and normal atomizer, some how i fluked it to work last night so i cant retrace my steps, wat am i doing wrong?

Online itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • Argumentative ?? Debatable !!
Re: im doing something wrong with my ego tank
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 01:33:29 PM »
double check the cap on the tank and if that seems ok it could be the viscosity of your e-liquid. you could probarbly alter this by adding a little VG to thicken it up.

Offline justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
  • Strong In Body. Strong In Mind. And A Scum Lord.
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 01:37:21 PM »
sounds like something wrong with the cap causing the atty to flood.  the only way you could get juice in the mouth is if it's coming up the air ways or vapour ways. and would only happen if the atty is soaking in juice....sometimes you can get condensation build up but it's not a big problem..

Online itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • Argumentative ?? Debatable !!
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 01:44:28 PM »
also try this. remove the tank and block the centre hole with a finger making sure not to cover the gills on either side that allow airflow.
then blow hard through the mouthpeice and that should clear most of the excessive juice and condensation from the tank.

E-Cig-Reviews.com - Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 01:44:28 PM »

Offline emtronea

• Platinum Member
    • facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 02:10:41 PM »
also try this. remove the tank and block the centre hole with a finger making sure not to cover the gills on either side that allow airflow.
then blow hard through the mouthpeice and that should clear most of the excessive juice and condensation from the tank.

awsome that worked  thanks m8 :D

Offline emtronea

• Platinum Member
    • facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 02:43:43 PM »
sounds like something wrong with the cap causing the atty to flood.  the only way you could get juice in the mouth is if it's coming up the air ways or vapour ways. and would only happen if the atty is soaking in juice....sometimes you can get condensation build up but it's not a big problem..

think this will help to, as jc original was basicaly fkn up but the black cherry 1 works better woot woot

Offline emtronea

• Platinum Member
    • facebook
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 01:09:43 AM »
think me standord atomizer doesnt work no more, as the cartidge doesnt seem to click in proply  :( i avnt been forcing it in either, the cartridge just slides in without clicking  :( edited... just noticed, me new cartidge fits in proply without opening the cap........ fixed it, it was the way i was opening  the caps, a lil to rough,? even tho i was using me key,  i used me nail on the other, and it was damaging the edges of the cap they wer also damaging while i was clicking them back into place,, but solved the problem by filling me cartidge threw me niddle thing that i got with johnsons creek  :D im glad i orderd that batch just for those needle things which arnt needles, its likean eye drop thing, thank fk i figured it out i was going nuts  ???                                   
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 01:27:43 AM by emtronea »

Offline Smoky

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 07:10:37 AM »
Glad to hear its sorted. Summat new to learn every day with this vaping business.

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 07:10:37 AM »

Offline Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 01:02:11 PM »
Yes if you tend to be a bit heavy handed it can damage the caps on the tank cartridges (Ive don it myself).....Also filling via the whole and not opening the cartridge helps the longevity of the cartridge....I dont use tanks anymore but I used to use the tornado tanks..Only ones that seemed to work with VG. And the caps do become loose after a while, if they keep getting taken off.

Glad your getting there...Also I used to use tweezers to remove the tiny bit of plastic that hangs off the small opening once the hole has been pierced...Gently of course  ;D   It was handy for me as VG is a bit thicker and I needed all the space that opening provided lol

Offline emtronea

• Platinum Member
    • facebook
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2011, 02:14:03 PM »
i did lots of searching with the ego tank and juices on internet last night, and its mainly a vg system, which i asked for, but i dint no that some juices wouldnt work  :o me realis works with everything so i never expected it  :( vg 70 pg 30 seems to be most ppl sweet spot, 80 vg n 20pg has mixed reveiws, and 50/50 is mixed, but luckly im into vg, and ordered 15 ejuices vg based but some are pg based so might av to buy some vg unflavoured liquid or sumut

Offline Capt12B

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • 30% of all fire deaths are attributed to analogs
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 02:34:55 PM »
Hummm.   Looks right emt but flip the numbers around. Tanks work best with under 30% vg.... so your looking for a ratio of 70-100% pg and 0-30% vg as vg is thicker and wont leach down in through the spike if the %  is too high ;)

Offline emtronea

• Platinum Member
    • facebook
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2011, 06:36:27 PM »
wen i was using fruit bomb and dk tab, it worked great and im sure they wer vg, but im putting 2x needle drops in me tank now, so it doesnt squirt into my mouth as the bubbling was making it bubble up the mouth peace, and it looks like im putting enough in for it to sink into the atomizer, as it works good now without ther anything bein in the tank, i will have to drip in more, but only till tuesday or wednesday, get hardly any vape and it giving me a headache but ima live till me package comes  :)

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2011, 06:36:27 PM »

Offline emtronea

• Platinum Member
    • facebook
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 09:42:25 AM »
yeh it was the 100% pg fkn it up, 4 days of depression, anxiety, insaneness, going crazy, but at least i dint go to shop and buy some cigs, mainly because after a week or so a cig seems outa date and i dunu it just seems distant in my mind, even the t.v with ppl smoking on it, that dint start me off, think its cause i now no im just addicted to the nicotene and not the cig  :D

Offline Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 09:59:17 AM »
Thats good you didnt turn to a cigarette! .......I found this e-cig stuff involves a lot of trial and error and experimenting, it can seem really daunting at first. It was for me anyway. But it seems to suddenly all fall into place. Keep up the good work  ;D

Offline Angus

• ECR Fanboy
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2011, 11:07:32 AM »
One thing I've noticed helps tremendously when you get the liquid coming up through the air paths is to dry out the base area. Vg will conduct itself along whatever path is available, so if liquid starts getting outside the atty feeding area you'll rapidly start sucking juice out of the tank, and you'll often get very little vapor at that point as well. It's a problem that I've become professional in solving over the last couple months of using ego/riva tanks. I usually just keep paper tissue around, but a t-shirt will do well to soak it up as well if you cram a bit of it in there and twist it around. I still prefer my ego tanks to normal atty/cart combos and most cartos, but there are better feeding systems out there if you deign to look ridiculous :)