Author Topic: The Safe Use Of E-Liquid  (Read 13232 times)

Offline igetcha

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
    • E-Cig-Reviews.com
The Safe Use Of E-Liquid
« on: April 11, 2010, 07:42:37 AM »
hi all,

This is more for the guys who are just using an electronic cigarette or e-liquid for the 1st time:-

Cartridges and bottles of e-liquid contain nicotine and nicotine is actually classed as a poison. Now that may well sound rather scary, but provided they are used in a safe and responsible manner then you have nothing to worry about.

1. ALWAYS keep cartridges and e-liquid out of the reach of children.
2. ALWAYS keep cartridges and e-liquid in a child proof container.
3. If a child swallows a cartridge or ANY amount of e-liquid seek medical advice immediately.
4. If you get the liquid on your skin, dont panic........just simply rinse it off as soon as possible.
5. If you get the liquid in your mouth, dont panic.......rinse your mouth with water and spit it out as soon as possible.
6. If an adult swallows a cartridge or any amount of e-liquid seek medical advice immediately.

All of the above applies to pets too.

It basically all boils down to common sense and being a responsible person. Vaping is a safe and enjoyable activity but we must all acknowledge the dangers that could be faced with regards to the correct use of liquid nicotine, especially when children are concerned.

Cheers,

Scott   

Ps.........please feel free to add to this if you feel i have missed something out! i will then add it to this post :)

Offline wijakaja

Re: The Safe Use Of E-Liquid
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 09:55:18 AM »
Well said Scott. I couldn't have put it any better myself. Like most things in life, it all boils down to common sense especially where children and pets are concerned.

Offline Jaded

• ʎǝʞuoɯ ןǝxıd
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 11:08:30 AM »
Sage advice and not just for total newbies.

When I first got into mixing my own juice. I thought I was being fastidiously careful about getting it on my skin. However, after a time, I noticed that the tips of my fingers had become hardened and insensitive - a sure sign of nicotine contact poisoning. I now keep a box of industrial strength baby bum wipes in my mixing kit (along with some alcohol based biological hand wash that I pinched from my recent stay in hospital) in case of accidental contact and my fingers are back to normal.

Even if you don't think you've got any on your hands, it's important (I think) to wash them thoroughly after each and every mixing session or even just a cart top up.

Offline SwanVesta

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 12:28:07 PM »
Im with you J and do keep trying to remember to wash my hands too!

E-Cig-Reviews.com - Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 12:28:07 PM »

Offline chasinthedream36

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 08:28:32 PM »
Might be a silly qustion, im not the brightest, but isnt the effect on the back of your throat the same? Even with patches the doctors tell you to move the point of contact untill you cut out nicotine altogether. We have no such luck when ihalating straight nicotine.. Any thoughts

Offline wijakaja

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 01:26:39 AM »
I could be totally wrong here as I'm no expert but I'd of thought that vapourised nicotine is not as toxic as concentrated liquid.

Billy.

Offline mduval

• Not worth trying? Your not worth it!
    • Uncut Radio
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 09:20:24 AM »
But while you think about it, it is the same with smoking smoking and vap'ing...

Bother take nic into your lungs but patches sit in the same spot for 24hr a days normally or 12hr a day.. and is always tranfeering nic to your body!

Offline chasinthedream36

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 08:58:55 PM »
I could be totally wrong here as I'm no expert but I'd of thought that vapourised nicotine is not as toxic as concentrated liquid.

Billy.

Is that correct?  i,ve never heard that before. If that were true it would make me feel a lot better about being the nicotine self harmer that i have become lol. Do you remember were you heard that?

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 08:58:55 PM »

Offline wijakaja

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 12:13:42 AM »

Billy.

Is that correct?  i,ve never heard that before. If that were true it would make me feel a lot better about being the nicotine self harmer that i have become lol. Do you remember were you heard that?
It was just my personal opinion I'm afraid. Nevertheless, it still has to be better than smoking analogues.

Billy.

Offline dvssk8r4lyf

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 08:32:28 AM »
Everytime I top up my cart i wash my hands, but my first cart had a hole and liquid would spill -_- and the tip of my fingers started to get real dry, but it goes away in an hour.

Offline freakindahouse

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2010, 06:06:53 AM »

Billy.

You're absolutely correct, Billy, which is why the law classes nicotine as a poison falling within the purview of the Poisons Act at levels of 7.5% in solution, or above. Below that level, no vendor needs a Poisons Licence to sell eliquid (and NOBODY sells it above that level in the UK), so the risk to smokers (and former smokers) is negligible.

That said, I agree in principle with what has been said about hand-washing, although personally, I've been just rubbing it in for nearly 2 years now, and my hands are fine! ;)

Happy vaping Christmas, one and all! ;)

Offline squid

• Platinum Member
  • anything thats cheap
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 06:40:58 PM »
cant be that toxic think we have all swallowed a gallon of juice from using drip tips etc etc

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 06:40:58 PM »

Offline r4nd0m

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 08:40:51 PM »
cant be that toxic think we have all swallowed a gallon of juice from using drip tips etc etc

for a small child 5mg can cause severe issues and 10mg can actually cause the worst ... keep in ming that what you might swallow at a time is diluted ... therefor keep your juice always out of read for children ...

Offline Capt12B

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • 30% of all fire deaths are attributed to analogs
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2011, 08:43:14 PM »
Very true r4nd0m,  we kinda get overly comfortable with all our e juice but it does need to be safely stowed away from children and pets.

Offline Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2011, 03:32:22 PM »
I always make sure I've washed my hands when handling my animals food too...I wouldnt want to take any chances.