Author Topic: Kanger pro tank rebuild  (Read 3805 times)

Offline Gazrick

• Platinum Member
Kanger pro tank rebuild
« on: July 11, 2013, 09:31:14 AM »
Hi guys Iv been rebuilding rsst,igo l, aga t etc so I thought I'd give the kanger ago as its what I most use whilst out and about, it all went fine reading 1.3 ohms on the provari, so I filled it up and had a vape. I'm getting like a burnt taste but not if that makes any sense? Very confusing to me it's feeding liquid fine but getting a very strange taste any ideas?

Offline Gogs

Re: Kanger pro tank rebuild
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 09:13:43 PM »
I've been rebuilding kanger protank and evod heads for a while with little or no success, I'm not sure but think it depends on the coil you setup. I was always getting plenty of vapour but little or no taste of the juice.  Is the coil  too tight or loose, are any of the coils touching each other etc after a while I gave up and went back to carto tanks much easier and less faffing.

Offline frozenover

• PAPS + IGO-L = win
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 09:14:40 PM »
apparently kanger use no res wire for the tails so the rubber gromit doesn't burn. I normally twist the tails which seems to help since I haven't got any no res wire.

Offline ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 09:19:46 PM »
Damn, this sounds like it would be hard work. I was hoping to have a go at rebuilding mine once I've got a new base for it

E-Cig-Reviews.com - Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 09:19:46 PM »

Offline frozenover

• PAPS + IGO-L = win
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 09:29:17 PM »
Damn, this sounds like it would be hard work. I was hoping to have a go at rebuilding mine once I've got a new base for it
It basically works like a standard vivi nova rebuild. wrap the wick as usual but leave the tails long then double them back and twist. after they have been twisted put the 2 twisted tails down the hole, put the gromit over one of the tails and into its slot, stick the pin in, cut the wires off and you're good to go. just make sure the wires are cut really short and not touching the metal of the connection base and don't wiggle the wires off because it normally disrupts the coil I find.

Offline ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 09:59:22 PM »
Cheers Froze, I'll give it a go at some point but I reckon I might watch a video too first, just to minimise my chances of pigs earing it. cheers bud

Offline frozenover

• PAPS + IGO-L = win
    • Twitter
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 10:05:26 PM »
Cheers Froze, I'll give it a go at some point but I reckon I might watch a video too first, just to minimise my chances of pigs earing it. cheers bud
haha no worries mate. probably best to watch a video or do a google search. i'm sure one of the other forums have a pictured tutorial on it. good luck.

Offline ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 10:08:21 PM »
Cheers, I'll need all the help I can get  ;)

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 10:08:21 PM »

Offline Rocc

• The best tea is cold
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 04:12:09 AM »
apparently kanger use no res wire for the tails so the rubber gromit doesn't burn
i use A1 32 wire  in my pro tank and don't have any burning or lack of taste. i hold the wick on top of a paper clip and wrap 6 or 7 coils pull the clip out and Bob your uncle.

Offline Gazrick

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2013, 12:26:46 PM »
Mine seemed to come threw ok after a few drags 1.3 ohms

Offline Whistler

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2013, 02:14:02 PM »
Sometimes when putting the coil in it will sit loose at one end. I have found using a pin as a "base" for the wick and coiling round it. Then putting Te whole assembly pin included into the head. This way way when everything is assembled and before I cut the legs I just give them a little tug to make sure the coil is snug. Remove the pin an off you go.

Offline Ceetee

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 03:53:08 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hi guys and guylettes,
I bought a kanger protank a week or so ago and because i'm near enough chain vaping, i have used up my two coils pretty quickly, I have ordered some silicone wick and wire to rebuild my own, but I haven't got it yet.
So, I took one of the disposable clearomisers and dismantled it to get the string and wire out, then attempted to re-build the tank coils with the bits, well it was very successful but a bit fiddly as the wire didn't have very long tails, a bit of a faff, but worked very well and i'm back up and vaping again.
I thought this might be of use to somebody.
Seems to be a pretty easy job to re-building the coils, so when I get my supplies I can do them properly, should be ok now for the next week or so.

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 03:53:08 PM »

Offline bob2709

• 3 Years in february since i switched
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 06:35:43 PM »
I just recoiled my protank head. Used 2mm ekowool and 5 wraps 0.3x0.1mm  ribbon kanthal. Comes in at 2 ohms. The beauty of ekowool is that its hollow, i put a straightened out paperclip inside it and dont take it out until ive totally finished coiling it.

Took me ages to realise why i was getting a burnt taste, i flame the wick that i wrap the coil around but never think to do the flavour wicks. Took a perfectly good coil apart earlier expecting the rubber grommet to be burnt but there wasnt a mark on it. Carefully put it back together and flamed flavour wick. Problem solved. :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 07:24:12 PM by bob2709 »

Offline ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2013, 10:20:13 PM »
I just recoiled my protank head. Used 2mm ekowool and 5 wraps 0.3x0.1mm  ribbon kanthal. Comes in at 2 ohms. The beauty of ekowool is that its hollow, i put a straightened out paperclip inside it and dont take it out until ive totally finished coiling it.

Took me ages to realise why i was getting a burnt taste, i flame the wick that i wrap the coil around but never think to do the flavour wicks. Took a perfectly good coil apart earlier expecting the rubber grommet to be burnt but there wasnt a mark on it. Carefully put it back together and flamed flavour wick. Problem solved. :)

Sorry mate I haven't tried this yet but, do you mean you flamed the whole of the ekowool or whatever it is? The full length?

Offline Gazrick

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2013, 10:24:09 PM »

What's this ekowool then? Lol