Author Topic: Teeth and vaping  (Read 15685 times)

Offline smokee

Teeth and vaping
« on: June 11, 2011, 07:18:08 PM »
After seeing Fionas post on sore gums thought I'd just add this.

Has anyone noticed any problems with their teeth from vaping? Personally I get some tooth pain, the only bad effect I get from vaping really, it seems to be worse from vaping than with cigs. Was thinking some of the sugar from the sweet flavours could be having a bad impact?  Do I need to brush my teeth after every vape? lol

Offline justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
  • Strong In Body. Strong In Mind. And A Scum Lord.
Re: Teeth and vaping
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 07:21:19 PM »
After seeing Fionas post on sore gums thought I'd just add this.

Has anyone noticed any problems with their teeth from vaping? Personally I get some tooth pain, the only bad effect I get from vaping really, it seems to be worse from vaping than with cigs. Was thinking some of the sugar from the sweet flavours could be having a bad impact?  Do I need to brush my teeth after every vape? lol

dentists say its the blood supply returning to normal in your gums after years of smoking.

Offline Capt12B

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • 30% of all fire deaths are attributed to analogs
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 07:28:18 PM »
The only difference I have noticed is whiter teeth ;D I experienced non of the bleeding gums others mention and no increase in cavities.

Offline smokee

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 07:30:40 PM »
@ Justin. So you mean it could be a good thing? I understood that nicotine itself causes blood vessels to constrict and be bad for teeth due to the reduction of blood supply to the teeth. I didn't realise vaping would be a benefit over smoking tobacco in this area?

Thanks Justin.

@ Capt, good to see you again, thanks for your input, not noticed any whiter teeth yet, although mine arent *that* bad. Good to hear about the cavities.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 07:33:04 PM by smokee »

E-Cig-Reviews.com - Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 07:30:40 PM »

Offline Khan

• Life is to short to take the LONG way....
    • http://drrcomputers.com
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 07:35:05 PM »
I have noticed that, if I use higher nic levels or some strong juices, the skin around my gums does get sensitive... I've also found myself brushing more often, that also might cause some of those symptoms.

Offline justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 07:36:14 PM »
@ Justin. So you mean it could be a good thing? I understood that nicotine itself causes blood vessels to constrict and be bad for teeth due to the reduction of blood supply to the teeth. I didn't realise vaping would be a benefit over smoking tobacco in this area?

Thanks Justin.

@ Capt, good to see you again, thanks for your input, not noticed any whiter teeth yet, although mine arent *that* bad. Good to hear about the cavities.

yeah the subject has been disgussed many times on e-cig boards and  all the symptoms have been traced to the effects of smoking cessation.
your oral problems should return to normal in time.

Offline justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 07:44:51 PM »
I have noticed that, if I use higher nic levels or some strong juices, the skin around my gums does get sensitive... I've also found myself brushing more often, that also might cause some of those symptoms.

if i get neat juice in my mouth it will cause ulcers or if my mouth is too close to the atty i have problems, also metal drip tips pickle my lips. lol.
we have to find what is best for us. i use a long plastic drip tip and make sure the vapour goes into my mouth without touching my lips or gums or teeth
it takes a bit of practice but its no problem.lol

Offline Steve386

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 07:53:51 PM »
Hi,

When I first started vaping I had a few side effects. Mainly really sore gums and tooth ache. It was almost like you get when you burn your mouth on food or tea that is too hot. At first I thought I may have a wisdom tooth coming through as it only seemed to effect one side of my mouth at the back.

It has stopped now though. I think it is because I have changed my ejuice to Titan RY4. Not sure what the mix is on this but I'm sure it is cut with VG. All of the other flavours I had tried were just PG based.

Now I don't get any problems at all. I have tried mixing the RY4 with some PG to dilute it a bit and noticed that my gums started to get a little sore again. Nothing like before though.

I've read all the posts about this being a part of giving up smoking real cigs, but I was not a regular smoker. Normally just smoking when I went on holiday, or if I got stressed out at work. I can only assume I have an intolerance to pure PG based flavours.

Vaping is fun though and I'm totally hooked. Would have been totally lost with all the different kit without Scott's reviews.

Steve.

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 07:53:51 PM »

Offline Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011, 01:16:15 AM »
I had a chat with a Pharmacist (I think they know more than most Doctors) and he said that sore gums, mouth ulcers etc are very common when you give up smoking....Its not just the nicotine...There are so many other chemicals and of course the tar too to take into consideration....

After using iglu cream it cleared up within days...the cream can go on sore gums as well as mouth ulcers.

Welcome Steve  ;D............And like you Steve I had to change to VG. But its because PG gives me a stomping headache.

Offline lightother

• 1 year cig free
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2011, 04:06:35 PM »
i was the same, gave up smoking and within two weeks was at dentist with bleeding gums and an abscess, its just the body repairing itself after all the abuse from smoking, worth it in the long run

Offline jimbo497

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2011, 04:19:45 PM »
I  had a tooth pulled last october and it didnt heal properly till i gave up the nicotine , it was constantly full of puss , all healed and feeling good

Offline justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2011, 05:41:36 PM »
I  had a tooth pulled last october and it didnt heal properly till i gave up the nicotine , it was constantly full of puss , all healed and feeling good

well i was enjoying my smoked salmon and cucumber sandwitches.

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2011, 05:41:36 PM »

Offline jimbo497

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2011, 08:17:46 PM »
Need I  make the cucumber joke again ??? LOL  :P

Offline Steve386

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2011, 10:04:05 PM »

Welcome Steve  ;D............And like you Steve I had to change to VG. But its because PG gives me a stomping headache.

Thanks Fiona. Have you tried any PEG based e-juice. I've not tried any yet (unless this RY4 has it in)?

Steve.

Offline Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2011, 05:53:12 PM »
No I havent tried Peg, but I know a few here have and Wyrm says it has a Chemical taste to it..So I doubt I'll be trying it anytime soon!  :D