Author Topic: Need advice on choosing a first 6V Mod  (Read 5517 times)

Offline nesf

Need advice on choosing a first 6V Mod
« on: July 10, 2010, 01:40:39 AM »
I really like the GGTS but it's out of stock, so I'm kinda stuck at the moment. I don't know whether to hold on and wait for the GGTS to come back on sale or whether to go for a different mod in the meantime as I've no idea when the GGTS will be back on sale. Any advice on what good options are out there? I'm leaning towards a side button rather than a bottom button but I'm not 100% on this as I've never tried a bottom button e-cig (I may be fine with a bottom button mod, I've no idea :P). Other than that, not too fussy so long as I can use different battery configurations in it (this is one of the reasons the GGTS was so appealing, I mean you can fit anything into it!).

Offline Moog

Re: Need advice on choosing a first 6V Mod
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 04:07:56 PM »
Try the "Little Gem" from LF.....or the "sidewinder"....There is a review by Igetcha, if you look at the top right of the page..
Its made by Garry Dibley, and his products are very well made.....and they are quite cheap...
Its a good one to get to make sure you enjoy 6v vaping....I bought the GGT and then found out I didn't enjoy 6v's...LOL

Anyway just a thought for you.... :)

Offline Wayne

• Platinum Member
  • Bombaclart
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 05:04:44 PM »
Im with moog on this one. Grab yourself a sidewinder from LF,a couple of cr2 batts and a charger and 6v happiness awaits  Wayne :D

Offline nesf

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 12:22:59 AM »
Actually just came across this: http://www.notcigs.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=17&category_id=7&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1 and similar mods. Variable voltage is very tempting, do any European suppliers do them or would I have to order from the States?

E-Cig-Reviews.com - Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 12:22:59 AM »

Offline TheCrazyCal

• Bodyworks Personal Training
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 11:51:04 AM »
i think the buzz looks very tempting...
does it have an AFS? it says it has a drip resevoir?

on the other hand if youre prepared to pay for a GG anything else would be an anticlimax.

are there any UK suppliers of something with the features of the GG sold in the UK but for a reasonable price?
ie are there any cheapo 6v mods out the with an AFS sold on a UK site so i dont get screwed on shipping and customs charges? :D

Offline nesf

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 04:22:50 PM »
i think the buzz looks very tempting...
does it have an AFS? it says it has a drip resevoir?

on the other hand if youre prepared to pay for a GG anything else would be an anticlimax.

are there any UK suppliers of something with the features of the GG sold in the UK but for a reasonable price?
ie are there any cheapo 6v mods out the with an AFS sold on a UK site so i dont get screwed on shipping and customs charges? :D

I read the drip reservoir as being for overflow from the atty rather than as a means of feeding juice to the atty. If it was the latter there would have been quite a big deal made out of the auto-feed system.

Offline booker

• 8bit vaper
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 09:39:38 PM »
Nope.

Offline TheCrazyCal

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 09:52:06 PM »
lol well in that case i reckon mr.dibbley could make a killing if he adapted the little gem to take a reservoir.

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 09:52:06 PM »

Offline booker

• 8bit vaper
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 10:04:49 PM »
Have a lookt at http://www.ecigarette-mods.com/battery_tube_mods.html Check the prices on vendor sites as they're out of date there. And btw. the newest mod, The Omega is not listed there as well as none of Dave's Devices I woudl think (but he doesn't make 6v mods anymore, as far I can see).
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 10:17:09 PM by booker »

Offline TheCrazyCal

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 12:26:44 PM »
i was gonna post a link containing the same mods but from esavuke.com or sommat...

that page is almost pronographic lol.

Offline nesf

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2010, 02:43:37 PM »
Just got myself a 5V Pass-Through and a USB hub to run it off. Quite satisfying but not quite as big a jump in vapour and throat hit as I was expecting.

Offline booker

• 8bit vaper
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2010, 05:27:18 PM »
Just got myself a 5V Pass-Through and a USB hub to run it off. Quite satisfying but not quite as big a jump in vapour and throat hit as I was expecting.
I like it, though I'm overly impressed by BE112LR (on 3.7v) - it's a bloody monster, gives me 18mg TH experience out of 8mg juice  :))

I'm thinking of getting adjustable power supply and modding the end connector to USB. Should be okay to provide 3->7v then to the passthrough :D

This one -> http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?TabID=1&criteria=usb&ModuleNo=98952&C=SO&U=Strat15

Although I have no idea if it will break the pass-through device :D
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 06:03:47 PM by booker »

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2010, 05:27:18 PM »

Offline nesf

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2010, 06:41:34 PM »
I like it, though I'm overly impressed by BE112LR (on 3.7v) - it's a bloody monster, gives me 18mg TH experience out of 8mg juice  :))

I'm thinking of getting adjustable power supply and modding the end connector to USB. Should be okay to provide 3->7v then to the passthrough :D

This one -> http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?TabID=1&criteria=usb&ModuleNo=98952&C=SO&U=Strat15

Although I have no idea if it will break the pass-through device :D

Well, all you need is rig up a connection from the output cable to an adapter for your atty of choice. Shouldn't be too much that can break there, you won't need any circuitry in between.

Offline nesf

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2010, 12:03:47 AM »
Ok, so after a fair trial of the passthrough, I do enjoy 5V vaping a lot. I'm finding my Tornado far less satisfying (though, some LR attys may change my mind). That settles moog's very valid query above about whether I'd enjoy higher voltage vaping!

Offline booker

• 8bit vaper
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2010, 12:24:33 AM »
Well, all you need is rig up a connection from the output cable to an adapter for your atty of choice. Shouldn't be too much that can break there, you won't need any circuitry in between.
Naah too much hassle as this actually means to make a mod on my own :)

No wonder 5v made you happy. Haven't tried 510 LR atty, but LR pen compared to SV pen is just a bloody monster mate :D