Author Topic: Just when u think everything's hunky dory  (Read 3288 times)

Offline estelle

Just when u think everything's hunky dory
« on: September 30, 2011, 08:17:36 AM »
Had a few problems over the last couple of days, thought i'd sorted them, well I have really (thanks Fiona)  :) only now the clear cartomizers (that I loved at first) have now all gone horrible/manky I was only able to refill them like twice then they started to get all gunky, so I tried cleaning them by just running warm water through them, and put them to dry, i've gone to fill 1 this morning and I think they're now useless  :o  just not giving anywhere near the performance like when they were new. I think i've also knackered all my boge's aswell by cleaning them in a pan on the hob  ??? So now i've got no decent cartomizers only my tanks which i've really gone off down to the plastic taste from them. The ego vv battery that I got is ok but not 100% happy with it, to charge it or use my ego atty on it I have to ever so gently lift the little connector bit  ??? apparently this is normal? I'm just worried its gonna become too loose and weak and eventually break! It's definately made me realise that I do want/need a higher voltage device, only the 1 I had my heart set on looks like it's unavailable anymore (purple sidewinder).
I very nearly reached for my packet of analogues this morning just out of pure frustration with everything :'( and with the weekend looming and all  ???
Can anyone think/recommend a smallish vv pv that will take an arry tank (eventually) preferably a portable 1 and that I can get for tomorrow, also some decent cartomizers, I do like the clear one's as I like to see how much is in there but at this moment in time just anything lol

Thank you  :)

Offline woodmans

• up in the downs of sussex
Re: Just when u think everything's hunky dory
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 08:24:35 AM »
ouch! sympathy sympathy..... :o
I'm sure there are a lot better informed peeps than me - but for my 2p worth - I  use and like the elite Xl, and the steel cartos from moju republic....hang in there- I'm sure the collective genii of ecr will be with you soon!  ;D

Offline funkybunch

• Diamond Member
  • More mods than I need, less than I 'need'
    • Funkybunch's redbubble page
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 08:34:26 AM »
Re the cartomizer thing, I've heard lots of good things about the bottom coil cartos from iVapour-elixir.co.uk, I think I will be getting some after Vapefest. A couple of sites are now advertising a VV tube mod, the lava tube on e cig wizard and on safercigs site as well, the prices are around £36 on ecw and £40 on safercigs - I think this price is yet to be confirrmed on ecw and both prices will not include batteries or charger. I will probably invest in one while I save for the provari.

I made a 5v usb pass through which I really like and I know that the garry dibbly ones on liberty-flights are very good as are his box mods, he does a really good 5v box mod, you could pm him here and see if they take an arry tank (I'm sure that they would)

Hope you have better luck soon :D

Offline stevemontuno

• Platinum Member
  • The Dude
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 09:20:08 AM »
estelle,,,,the side winder isnt a higher voltage device unless you put 2xcr2 batts in it and bump it up to 6 volts,,and 6v vaping isnt that nice really,,other than that it takes 14500 and 18490 batts that are 3.7volt,,, maybe you should get a tornado/ego booster to start with,,that will let you vape at higher voltage

E-Cig-Reviews.com - Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 09:20:08 AM »

Offline estelle

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 09:54:39 AM »
I'm soooooo confused  ??? :-\

Offline justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
  • Strong In Body. Strong In Mind. And A Scum Lord.
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 09:56:51 AM »
I'm soooooo confused  ??? :-\

i know the feeling mate..lol

Offline leewink

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 10:16:10 AM »
TBH, by what ive gathered, id agree with steve here, i havent 6v vaped, but everything on my 5v passthru .... is crap tbh, and burns even worse than than 3.7-4.2 or standard batt types.

I take it you mean clearomisers, I use them at home and generally use one per flavour as there cheap enough, and if i can get 2-3 days vape out of it (3 or so fills) im happy with that, i cant really be a$$ed to faff with cleaning tbh, as by this point the element is generally past it for me.

Actually, just read ya post again, my above stands for pretty much all carto's / clearo's, my work ones i just use for the shift, vape the last of it down on my last day of using it, so i dont waste 3ml a time, then chuck it.

Again, its not a "clean it" and it'll do another 3 or so days, an element wire itself can only do so much before it starts to drop off its best see.

For me personally, i dont think i'll ever 6v vape, ie get a provari etc, and tbh i'd only consider going down in voltage as most of the stuff ive ever vaped with burns my flavours, ive stopped with clearo's now and ego smok dual coil carto's.

So everythings factored into my monthly "guesstimate" of costs, that is to simply throw it away, for a quid or so's worth of carto / clearo it just aint worth the hassle of cleaning it, IMHO :)

vape on, lee

Offline leewink

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 10:18:24 AM »
.... my only suggestion, buy a 5v passthru USB cable, a few quid, and try it, it aint for me though, ive unplugged mine now, and just charge my batts as usual.

As for a PV, I think at this point (im only a month or two into this), i can only suggest you buy something with a battery that would give a satisfactory useage time, i mean your view of a good useage, my silver bullet running on senybor 18650's - one battery gives me easily 2 days worth of vape, to me personally thats a good useage time per batt.

at work, my 18650 e-power is the same, as i run that on the senybors too :)

I cant be a$$ed again to keep changing batts every second, and work doesnt allow me to faff at all, that goes for faffing with topping up carto's etc every half hour, I need a batt that will last all night minimal, and each top up of my carto to last at least 5 hours which it does, however much i drag on it :)

Dont take this wrong ok, but think on what you require as for yourself, if your a non-faffy type like me, stick with a large battery PV, and chuck ya clearo's after about 2-3 days of vaping, and by 2-3 days i mean in total, so if you used them for that time over a few weeks, it doesnt matter, i have 2 or 3 on the go here and just chuck 'em as and when.

lee
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 10:31:27 AM by leewink »

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 10:18:24 AM »

Offline stevemontuno

• Platinum Member
  • The Dude
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 10:23:13 AM »
estelle ,,all you have too do is watch plenty of scotts reviews to get the jist of things,,he's reviewed everything mentioned too ya,and plenty more,then you wont be so confused,,,

Offline estelle

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 10:24:08 AM »
With the ego vv batt i've been vaping at 4.2  and this has been perfect except for the batt life, doesnt last long at all and I think the voltage prob trails off as it starts to die aswell, so If there's something close to this voltage??
It's doing my nutt in lol, can't go through the weekend like this  ???
With the Sidewinder what's with all the diff batt combinations? does it mean you can go anywhere between 3-6v or 1 or the other?
Really need to get sorted with something soon to get next day delivery  ??? ???

Offline leewink

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 10:44:56 AM »
Oki, deep breath there and a cuppa tea !!    :)

oki, what im getting is your suffering with battery life and trail off of power of each battery.

Right, EVERY battery has a different level of its power drain, the time which its 100% to then dropping down to say 80%.

My senybor types are one of the top 3 batteries that suffer minimally on this, i mean they run for a good day till the drop off happens, minimal - to give a comparison here, my black ultrafires here last in total about half the time if that.

Again, my view only, i wouldnt go up in voltage if your happy with 3.7-4.2 (normal battery ranges).

Its a bit awkward to to suggest something next day, I use an e-power 18650 which i got from liberty flights i think, but an arry tank etc would sit proud on the top, like my smoks do now, im not bothered as my work is in the "dark", and it doesnt matter really what it looks like, i can always swap the smok off to a riva silver battery if im "in the crowd".

I dont think you'll go wrong with an SB. for standard vaping as such, its a battery case with a good switch, looks good, strong, and does what it says on the tin as such.

vape on, lee
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 10:58:14 AM by leewink »

Offline funkybunch

• Diamond Member
  • More mods than I need, less than I 'need'
    • Funkybunch's redbubble page
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 10:46:03 AM »
The sidewinder does 3.7 or 6 volt as far as I know

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 10:46:03 AM »

Offline estelle

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 10:48:10 AM »
Thanks Lee
Sb? do you mean a silver bullet? or am i getting totally confused lol

Offline leewink

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 10:56:32 AM »
I mean a silver bullet yes, do a little research on it, as its pretty large in the hand and heavy, well you cant have quality with a large battery and be light :)

nip on youtube, search for "silver bullet e-cig", a guy on there called michael in belgium or somewhere loves his SB, "smoke 2 vape" does a few reviews on there too, and many others, I will say though as with "some reviews", take them at face value, I think scotts and smoke 2 vape's are pretty good to go on.

The e-power is of similar size due to the battery, but thinner due to the cheaper manufacturing of it, its alot thinner metal.

My personal view, stick with ya stuff for a few days, plenty of cuppa's, and make a wise choice when ya order next :)

of course there are plenty of 18650 type mods out there, but i can only tell you about the ones i have :)

also, BTW, I have the silver vein coloured SB, like hammerite effect, there is black or silver too.

vape on, lee
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 11:06:50 AM by leewink »

Offline justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
  • Strong In Body. Strong In Mind. And A Scum Lord.
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2011, 11:02:12 AM »
I mean a silver bullet yes, do a little research on it, as its pretty large in the hand and heavy, well you cant have quality with a large battery and be light :)

nip on youtube, search for "silver bullet e-cig", a guy on there called michael in belgium or somewhere loves his SB, "smoke 2 vape" does a few reviews on there too, and many others.

The e-power is of similar size due to the battery, but thinner due to the cheaper manufacturing of it, its alot thinner metal.

My personal view, stick with ya stuff for a few days, plenty of cuppa's, and make a wise choice when ya order next :)

vape on, lee

sorry but a silver bullet isn't a device for a female vaper, unless you are a Russian female coal miner.   just my opinion.