Author Topic: Burning taste with new clearomizers  (Read 8543 times)

Offline locksunlight

Burning taste with new clearomizers
« on: July 21, 2012, 11:13:16 AM »
Hi Guys/Girls

Doesn't matter what sort of clearomizer I use I always get the burnt taste. Using different mods and different liquids. I must be doing something wrong! I fill them up, fire without vaping then I give it ago.
It's fine for a while and then that terrible taste that I have learnt to ignore comes back.

Any advice? How to you go about using a new clearomizer?

Offline squid

• Platinum Member
  • anything thats cheap
Re: Burning taste with new clearomizers
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 11:14:43 AM »
what voltage are you using them at ?

Offline ukric

• Platinum Member
  • CRINGE
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 11:18:16 AM »
Can you give us a link to the place you bought the latest ones?

What device are you using them on?

Offline locksunlight

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 11:56:52 AM »
I'm using TW Torpedo Chrome mini with the clearomizer that came with it. At 4volts.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 12:08:15 PM by locksunlight »

E-Cig-Reviews.com - Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 11:56:52 AM »

Offline Derek

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 12:27:14 PM »
Could be a variety of things causing this but the most common cause of burnt taste is that your wick/filling is itself burnt where it meets the heating coil. No amount of changing liquids or adding more juice will deal with that I'm afraid.

You say that you have used many different clearomisers too ? Sounds like they are all burnt and  that you have a bad batch.

Try a completely fresh new one first. Add your juice and give it a few minutes to settle/drip through so that the wick and coil have a good wetting. If you are firing it up too soon that will burn your wick for sure and ruin the clearo

Offline I Shall Not Recant

• Klaatu barada nikto
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 12:31:44 PM »
Apparently this is a common(ish) problem. I've never used them, never bought from TW, but..

Inside, where the wick goes in to the centre column, the wick can get choked (burning taste a sign of poor juice flow), pry the plastic bit there up a fraction to allow flow, leave the top cap up just a bit so it doesn't sit flush on the outer tube. Keep an eye out for leaks though, regardless but especially if you do this. ESPECIALLY at the connector.

The Vision eGo (has a few names) is probably the most popular clearo http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/vision-ego-v2-rainbow-long-wick~362 these are great also http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/vision-vivi-nova-v2~371 with changeable heads http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/vivi-nova-atomiser-heads-%26-tubes~372 other vendors also sell them.

List of vendors and discount codes http://e-cig-reviews.com/forum/index.php/topic,7.msg961.html#new

EDIT:  Lowering the voltage may give it time to wick (at the expense of vapour etc)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 12:35:59 PM by I Shall Not Recant »

Offline Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 02:30:49 PM »
Clearomizers arent very good if you use a high ratio of VG..........

Offline walsie

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 04:26:39 PM »
I use the Vision eGo's on an eGo-T battery and have found that after a week the burnt taste comes, after a clean out they are like new. Sometimes I used to get the burnt taste within a day of using a new one and what I found is that after every vape I needed to tip the thing upside down/swill the liquid around a bit, when you tip it upside down you can see little air bubbles rising from the tube the wick goes into which suggests to me the wick needs to be in constant contact with your liquid. I also found that I was expecting more from the thing than it could provide so now i take shorter slower drags and all seems fine now.

E-Cig-Reviews.com - Forum

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 04:26:39 PM »