Author Topic: What is the difference between VG and PG E-Liquids?  (Read 4157 times)

Offline WHISPER

What is the difference between VG and PG E-Liquids?
« on: November 15, 2010, 10:55:11 PM »
I was wondering what the difference between VG and PG E-Liquids? I was having a browse on 'Liberty Flights' as i saw a post on here where a member said they had bought from there....But to be honest im baffled. (I'm sure with time and advice it will get easier).
Having said that, it seems that site doesn't have many options in stock in the 5ml to test. 

Offline Capt12B

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • 30% of all fire deaths are attributed to analogs
Re: What is the difference between VG and PG E-Liquids?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 11:34:46 PM »
Pg is thinner, provides slightly more throat  hit, does not add sweetness, and produces a thin vapor.

Vg, is thicker, sweeter, and produces clouds if vapor. Vg on its own can be rather thick and goopy - especially when cold.

I find a pg/vg mix works the best and I mix my juice at 50/50%. Many retailers sell their juice at an 80% pg / 20% Vg mixture which works great as well.

To add to the confusion, there is also peg. Peg has the characteristics of Vg in terms of vapor, but is not sweet and provides the throat hit of pg.

Hope this helps ;)

Offline WHISPER

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 11:57:02 PM »
Pg is thinner, provides slightly more throat  hit, does not add sweetness, and produces a thin vapor.

Vg, is thicker, sweeter, and produces clouds if vapor. Vg on its own can be rather thick and goopy - especially when cold.

I find a pg/vg mix works the best and I mix my juice at 50/50%. Many retailers sell their juice at an 80% pg / 20% Vg mixture which works great as well.

To add to the confusion, there is also peg. Peg has the characteristics of Vg in terms of vapor, but is not sweet and provides the throat hit of pg.

Hope this helps ;)

Thank you for explaining that. I had to laugh out loud when you said about 'adding to the confusion with Peg'  :D

Offline WHISPER

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 01:14:46 AM »
Was just checking these out and it looks like an extremely cheap way of buying E-Liquid (Obviously also buying the flavourings). Would both VG and PG need to be purchased? 

http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/product.asp?id=56

I get the impression i might need a lab for all this mixing when i do get started...lol  :D

E-Cig-Reviews.com - Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 01:14:46 AM »

Offline Capt12B

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 01:35:40 AM »
Mixing is very cost effective and not very hard at all. I mix with 36mg flavorless juice (50/50 pg/vg) and 20 flavor concentrate.
20 drops roughly =1 ml so 16 drops of juice and 4 drops of flavor = 1 ml of 27 mg juice

If you buy from TW, they offer the platinum ice mixing  kits which include 54mg nicotine  juice, pg or Vg  mixing juice and 3 bottles if flavor. If you go this route I would recommend you get pg nicotine bass and Vg mixing juice ( or visa versa ) then :
8 drops of nicotine bass + 8 drops of Vg or pg + 4 drops of flavor = 1 ml of 24mg juice at 20% flavor .... easy ;D

The platinum ice kits are kinda pricey, but the principle on mixing can be applied to whatever you choose to go with.  Scott also has a great mixing calculator available on the ECR home page ;D

Offline WHISPER

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 01:54:25 AM »
Mixing is very cost effective and not very hard at all. I mix with 36mg flavorless juice (50/50 pg/vg) and 20 flavor concentrate.
20 drops roughly =1 ml so 16 drops of juice and 4 drops of flavor = 1 ml of 27 mg juice

If you buy from TW, they offer the platinum ice mixing  kits which include 54mg nicotine  juice, pg or Vg  mixing juice and 3 bottles if flavor. If you go this route I would recommend you get pg nicotine bass and Vg mixing juice ( or visa versa ) then :
8 drops of nicotine bass + 8 drops of Vg or pg + 4 drops of flavor = 1 ml of 24mg juice at 20% flavor .... easy ;D

The platinum ice kits are kinda pricey, but the principle on mixing can be applied to whatever you choose to go with.  Scott also has a great mixing calculator available on the ECR home page ;D

I did see that mixing calculator on here but to be honest it all went over my head, being totally new to this. Hey, i'm just a simple girl ya know and cheap too so i'll be opting for the cheapest method...lol  :D

Offline Capt12B

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 02:04:20 AM »
Well mixing I find to be the most cost effective way to vape ;D Others on this sight have obtained a Lt of juice from China for $50 ..... jaw hits the floor - that is cheap. I now get 500ml of juice here in the states for $60 and then I just buy diff flavor concentrates ( I get mine from tw ) and I can mix up whatever I am in the mood for. There is no need to stress out too much about being exact when mixing ether, after you decide on a ratio that works for you it becomes very easy ;D

Offline WHISPER

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 02:16:53 AM »
Well mixing I find to be the most cost effective way to vape ;D Others on this sight have obtained a Lt of juice from China for $50 ..... jaw hits the floor - that is cheap. I now get 500ml of juice here in the states for $60 and then I just buy diff flavor concentrates ( I get mine from tw ) and I can mix up whatever I am in the mood for. There is no need to stress out too much about being exact when mixing ether, after you decide on a ratio that works for you it becomes very easy ;D

Typical...you get all the bargains in the States...lol  ;)
I do appreciate your help and advice....To be honest i'm amazed at just how much is out there for vaping. I do believe this is the way forward and will be recommending it to everyone. Needless to say i will be recommending this forum too. You're all very helpful and patient too.  :)

E-Cig-Reviews.com - Forum

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 02:16:53 AM »