Author Topic: ego-t vs ego-c  (Read 8283 times)

Offline the_vape_escape

ego-t vs ego-c
« on: November 25, 2012, 12:51:44 PM »
just when i thought id settled on buying the ego-t kit , i started reading about the ego-c kit .from what i can tell it  seems to be basicly the same apart from the atomizer design . also the ego-c comes with 5 atomiser heads as opposed to the 2 atomisers on the ego-t . battery rating is the same at 650mah . got me wondering which atomiser design is the best ?

Online itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • Argumentative ?? Debatable !!
Re: ego-t vs ego-c
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 01:23:32 PM »
the two are similar ... the eGo-t arrived first and proved itself an excellent system but for the price of replacement atomisers ... hence the later arrival of the eGo-C where just the atomiser innards could be bought.

Offline the_vape_escape

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 01:37:51 PM »
thanks . im starting to read a worrying amount of stories about the tank system leaking . is it really that bad ? if so i may as well just go with a cartomiser or atomoiser/cartridge system . really thought i had my decision nailed as well :D

Online itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • Argumentative ?? Debatable !!
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 01:42:36 PM »
thanks . im starting to read a worrying amount of stories about the tank system leaking . is it really that bad ? if so i may as well just go with a cartomiser or atomoiser/cartridge system . really thought i had my decision nailed as

we can read lots of worrying stories, but you might have noticed where i pointed out on a different thread, proper or genuine versions will generally impress where others can disappoint ...

E-Cig-Reviews.com - Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 01:42:36 PM »

Offline the_vape_escape

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 01:49:13 PM »
thats a good point . i think il still order the ego-t / ego-c and if i dont like the tank system i can allways get some 510 cartomisers at a later date

Offline CAM-VIP

• Two faced TW@T
    • Campaign for Vaping in Pubs
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 02:00:03 PM »
The main reasons why the tanks leak for new users are nearly always user error.  These include;

1.  Twisting and turning the tank cartridge to get it out rather than a straight pull off - that increases the size of the hole in the cap.
2.  Over tightening the atomiser onto the battery - this can break an internal 'seal' that causes liquid to leak out of the air hole.
3.  Drawing too hard and fast on the device - this causes a build up of liquid in the bottom of the atomiser which eventually leaks out anywhere when it gets the chance.

In reality, 2 and 3 are the main problems for a new user - only 'finger tighten' and take 'long slow draws' - then it should not leak.

Offline Gazrick

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 03:42:11 PM »
just when i thought id settled on buying the ego-t kit , i started reading about the ego-c kit .from what i can tell it  seems to be basicly the same apart from the atomizer design . also the ego-c comes with 5 atomiser heads as opposed to the 2 atomisers on the ego-t . battery rating is the same at 650mah . got me wondering which atomiser design is the best ?

Hey yeah the Eco-c is just cheaper to maintain as you can replace the atty heads easier. I had leaking issue at first but when you learn how to take a drag it doesn't leak. Long slow drags, I kept saying that to myself and it hasn't leaked since :) good piece of kit. 

Offline zestoi

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 05:10:54 PM »
i didn't really have any leaking issues from my ego-t. pbusardo compared different tank systems and seemed to conclude the ego-c is a bit better than the ego-t but there's probably not much in it. the ego-c should be cheaper in the long run though.

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 05:10:54 PM »

Offline Gazrick

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 05:11:53 PM »
i didn't really have any leaking issues from my ego-t. pbusardo compared different tank systems and seemed to conclude the ego-c is a bit better than the ego-t but there's probably not much in it. the ego-c should be cheaper in the long run though.

Yeah that's the only difference :)

Offline leewink

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 05:14:12 PM »
Get the "C" and don't even worry about it, stick to Joye, you've as much chance as the "C" leaking as your "T", I've had both BTW, and use "C's" for my home vape, its my one of 2 only vapouriser styles.

The only way to make them leak is to over draw on it, the same with all e-cigs the key is a very slow elongated draw.

And if you choose a kit version, go the 1000mah jobby, it aint worth faffin' over :)

Vape on, lee

Offline leewink

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 05:15:45 PM »
... I dont generally go on any reviews tbh either, its "my" trial and error and judgements then.

Offline leewink

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 05:18:01 PM »
.... lastly, the "T" will be obsolete soon, make a wise choice, if its on price alone your "T" may seem ok .... for now  :)

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 05:18:01 PM »

Offline zestoi

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 05:24:45 PM »
.... lastly, the "T" will be obsolete soon, make a wise choice, if its on price alone your "T" may seem ok .... for now  :)

ofc it's easy enough to "upgrade" from an ego-t to an ego-c since you'll be buying new ego-t atty cones anyway. if going from ego-c to ego-t then you'd be wasting the cone+base since they're reusable.

probably not a big deal which one the OP goes for but if it was me i'd go for ego-c if i really wanted this kind of form factor; tho for this kind of size/price i'd probably just buy a mini vivi nova instead ;) more juice, cheaper and better vape - but that's a bit OT for this thread.

Offline RebelPants

• From Each According to Their Abilty
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2012, 06:24:36 PM »
i know little....
bit i thought the 'c' was for carts and the 't' was for the tank systems?

Offline Gazrick

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2012, 06:36:03 PM »
The c has changeable atty heads and the T's atty is one piece