Author Topic: Advice wanted on mixing my own Menthol E-Liquid  (Read 1227 times)

Offline David

Advice wanted on mixing my own Menthol E-Liquid
« on: May 10, 2013, 05:00:16 PM »
I currently mix my own fruit stripe E-Liquid which is one of 2 all day vapes I have. The other is HS Premium Menthol. I have been thinking about making my own menthol for a long time now and I have heard that all I have to do is dissolve some crystals into my 80PG/20VG 12mg mix and Bob's your uncle. I have also heard that some menthols use sweetener. In essence what I am looking to do is replicate HS Premium Menthol, so any advice you can offer would be great appreciated.

David

Offline ukric

• Platinum Member
  • Chasing Da Clouds
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 05:06:47 PM »
Menthol crystals into PG first, to make a menthol flavour, then use the flavouring :)

Offline David

Re: Advice wanted on mixing my own Menthol E-Liquid
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 05:50:41 PM »
Menthol crystals into PG first, to make a menthol flavour, then use the flavouring :)

Thanks. Is there any ratio of crystals to liquid amount and do you know if this produces the same kind of vape as HS Premium Menthol? Also how long do you have to wait for crystals to dissolve and does it require additional steeping time. Sorry to ask what may seem such elementary questions.

Offline ukric

• Platinum Member
  • Chasing Da Clouds
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 06:13:31 PM »
I don't leave any time after mixing, so long as the crystals are dissolved its all good. :)

I haven't tried any premixed menthol (I know right) ever so I've no idea what that's like I'm afraid.

edit - The crystals disolve in the PG in about 5 minutes or so, a little heat and shaking helps

« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 08:28:51 PM by ukric »

E-Cig-Reviews.com - Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 06:13:31 PM »

Offline theinhaler

Re: Advice wanted on mixing my own Menthol E-Liquid
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 12:10:34 PM »

Thanks. Is there any ratio of crystals to liquid amount and do you know if this produces the same kind of vape as HS Premium Menthol? Also how long do you have to wait for crystals to dissolve and does it require additional steeping time. Sorry to ask what may seem such elementary questions.

i usually half fill a 10 ml bottle with menthol crystals and then fill with pg , its quite strong so go easy with it