Author Topic: Investing in E-Cig. Market  (Read 1894 times)

Offline SC_Sammy

• GGTS, Provari, Shockwave, Roller & 3 Hellfires
Investing in E-Cig. Market
« on: March 01, 2011, 08:35:57 PM »
I happened on this article about investing in E-Cig. companies.  I know this is risky, but would like to hear your thoughts.
The Author mentions the Ruyan Group (HK), which amounts to a penny stock, but I wonder how big a player Ruyan is; Do they own Joye-Tech too?
Here in The States, Big Tobacco and Pharmaceuticals are making a killing on The Peoples nicotine addictions and will fight e-cigs. all the way, but in the end can they win, with the overwhelming success that e-cigs. have made on so many former smokers lives?

http://seekingalpha.com/article/130595-big-tobacco-beware-the-next-big-story-stock-could-involve-e-cigarettes

Offline CountryMick

• So good, you'll want to slap your grandma!
Re: Investing in E-Cig. Market
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 11:53:07 PM »
I believe investment in the area would do well when it comes to equipment manufacturers. As far as e-liquid, hard to say what will happen there, but my guess is it will involve pharmaceutical companies. Someone will be given oversight on e-liquid eventually.  Eventually pharmaceutical companies could end up controlling the nicotene e-liquid market if they manage to get nicotene re-classified as a stimulant, so unlike equipment manufacturers, there probably won't be any investing on the ground floor for e-liquid producers (at least, none that will succeed). Dig a little deeper if that happens, because their new tax cash cow is in the barn ready for the milking.

Offline SC_Sammy

• GGTS, Provari, Shockwave, Roller & 3 Hellfires
Re: Investing in E-Cig. Market
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 02:07:59 PM »
Yea, I bet you are right.